Friday, March 18, 2011

My Fijian Experience Part 2

Photobucket







Wednesday 16th of March

Again today working on the draft for the kindergarten to get it finished as soon as possible and hopefully by the end of this week. 1500 words later and it was the end of the day, then had a good chat to he head teacher and looked at some building plans. They seem to trust me a lot with this haha it's a good feeling though.

After school we were going up to the plantaion, walking theough the village when one of the village man was holding a snake! So i got to hold the snake yew!! Didnt have my camera on me which was annoying but going back tomorrow to see if he hasn't eatin it already... Up at the plantation we planted 30 Dalo plants and some iguana, huge afternoon, the chief of the village just kept on giving us food to plant so we just planted it all! We where ment to be planting beans but we never got around to it, so Ma was angry at us and ate chocolate haha.



Friday 11 of March 2011


Friday again! Fridays is always the fun day of the week I think, running around playing rugby with the students and then getting taken by the girls to play duck duck goose.... Its always so fun though. Today the boys were showing me there dance moves haha they are awesome dancers and show me up even though they are in grade 4 ! See video

After school Ma and Lai came down for a swim with me at the reef and same with a few of the students from school. Heaps and heaps of fun just playing around and taking photos. When we got home we realized that we were on tsunami alert :/ we tried to stay up as late as we could to see what was going on but we all fell asleep. R.I.P. those who died in the Tokyo earthquake and tsunami.



Saturday 5th of March

An exciting day! First proper holiday since I've Been in Fiji and wow! Met Mady, holly, floss and Renee in Levuka and caught a fibre boat which was the size of a small tiny to the island, 45min later we were on our own little tropical Island call Leleuvia. It's super duper small only takes 10 mins to walk around and proper o my a minute if your ran!

I got straight into the water with my camera and water housing cause the reef raps around he hole island, I walked in slowly and I must not have tightened up the housing cause it came through the port really quick!! Probably the most scared I've been in fiji ! The camera wouldn't turn off and I couldn't take any photos, super duper scared! I took the battery out, left he camera for 5 mins, and it was like nothing had happened. Very lucky!!!

Snorkeled for about 4 hours and made a good friend with a fish! I swam with it for about half an hour, it kept following me, nibbling on my flippers and swimming through my hair haha. It swam with me right back to the shore! Poor fish looked lost when I finally took my step out of the water :(

Walked around the island, exploring what we could, picking up amazing shells that had been washed up onto the sand.

We then had an amazing dinner filled with sea food and traditional Fijian food, then managed to have a few drinks around the bomb fire and nearly got eaten by a snake!!! Not really but it was scary. An amazing island

No comments:

Post a Comment